Daniel L. Huestis
Daniel Huestis, or Dan to his family, friends and clients, focuses his time and talent on clients who are often at one of the lowest points in their lives and helps them stand on their feet again. Whether that painful event is a divorce after years of marriage, a custody battle old or new, or a contract dispute that threatens the survival of your business, Dan is here to guide you through the process to a brighter tomorrow. His love of the law comes from his roots in a small rural community in Vermont where he witnessed what can happen when friends and family don’t have the representation they need and deserve in a complex legal system. His experience in legal practice in both Utah and Delaware and his training at BYU Law School have given him the tools to make a difference, and he wants to make that difference in your life.
On a personal note, Dan met his wife, a native of the Dover area, while they were in school at BYU, and so far they have been blessed with three young boys to raise here in Delaware. Before meeting his wife he served for two years as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and he also has the odd combination of hobbies in motorcycle riding and ballroom dancing.
- Brigham Young University Law School, Provo, UT - Juris Doctor, April 2018
- Substantial Writing: "Is it Enough? Review of Utah Appellate Procedure in DCFS Cases," 2017
- Clinical Internships: Juvenile Courts, Family Law, Criminal Defense, Mediation
- Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Bachelor of Arts: History, with a minor in Business Management, Dec 2014
Areas of Practice
- Family law including divorce, custody, child support, guardianship, child welfare, DCS involvement
- Civil litigation involving contracts, business disputes, property rights, landlord/tenant issues, and personal injury
- Criminal defense involving violations, misdemeanors and felonies
- Estate Planning and Litigation
- Business Formation
- Real Estate Transactions
- Esplin Weight, Provo, UT Law Clerk, 2016 - 2018
- Assisted in a variety of matter including divorce, custody, child support, juvenile delinquency, child welfare, contract disputes, debt collection and criminal defense.
- Successfully appealed from a child welfare proceeding where the State had obtained a “rubber stamp” of findings of abuse and neglect against a Mother of three. See R.B. v. State (State ex rel. K.B.), 2017 UT App 210.
- Moody Brown, Provo, UT Law Clerk, 2016 –2016 Family Law
- Pia Anderson Moss & Hoyt, Salt Lake City, UT Law Clerk, 2016 ¬–2016 Patent Law
- Sean Nobmann P.C., Springville, UT Law Clerk, 2015 ¬–2016 Personal Injury Law